I’ve heard that spicy foods actually make you feel cooler on hot days, so what better way to experiment than with this exotic experiment.
- 3 cups of seedless watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 organic tomatoes, peeled
- 3 jalapeños (use one if you dont like too much spice)
1. Half the watermelon and then cut it into 1-inch slices.
2. Remove the rind and further cut the watermelon into 1-inch cubes.
3. Peel the tomatoes (see the video above for how).
4. Puree the watermelon and tomatoes. It is best if you do this in small batches.
5. Pour the pureed mixture through a strainer to remove the larger chunks. You can add some of this back later if you want to add some texture to your pops.
6. Thinly slice the jalapeño peppers
7. Add the peppers to the watermelon-tomato puree and let sit in the refrigerator for about an hour. This will infuse the fruit juice with some heat. If you want more heat, instead of slicing the peppers, mince them and then strain them out later.
8. Divide the juice amongst the popsicle molds and place them in the freezer to set.